yoga nidra meditation
Friday, June 23
Friday, July 7
Friday, July 28
Time: 5:30 - 6:45pm
$15 drop-in or use a class from a class package.
Do you need a break to escape, release stress, and RELAX? This Yoga Nidra meditation session is for you! We will start with gentle, long-holding restorative poses to relax the physical body. Then we will start to relax the mind into a deep savasana (final relaxation pose), where you will be guided into a deep meditative, sleep-like state while still maintaining full consciousness. The practice of Yoga Nidra has been found to reduce stress and anxiety in the body.
Limited space available! To register for this special class click 'See Class Schedule' below and 'SIGN UP' under the cooresponding date.
What is Meditation?
Meditation encourages a deepening of consciousness or awareness, and also facilitates a deeper understanding of the self and others. A regular meditation practice promotes the following health benefits:
- Reduces stress by reshaping the brain
- Activates the 'Rest & Digest' part of the brain
- Increases divergent thinking, increasing creativity
- Creates awareness of the thoughts and actions
- Improves focus and self-control
- Increases ability to stay on task longer
- Significantly lowers stress that leads to anxiety
- Improves communication of intimate relationships
- Improves relationships with everyone you meet
- Increases comfort with yourself, which makes it easier to get along with other people.